Monday, January 10, 2011

Inclement weather + last minute prep

My flight to Madrid is in two days. Here is what my backyard looks like right now:


Charlotte got hit with several inches of snow last night, and the airport cancelled 200+ flights today. The storm is supposed to continue up the east coast tomorrow, hitting Philadelphia along the way - where my connecting flight departs from. Eek! I'm really hoping that by Wednesday they've gotten things under control and my two flights go smoothly. Keeping my fingers crossed. The storm is also supposed to hit Boston and New York (possibly even harder), where the two group flights for my program depart from, so I guess if my flight is delayed theirs probably will be too. The Tufts Wind Ensemble (of which I am a member) was scheduled to leave for Costa Rica tomorrow, I believe routing through Atlanta which has gotten hit really badly - and their trip has already been delayed a day (or more? not sure). I wish I could somehow go on the Costa Rica trip and also go to Spain but alas, I can only visit one Spanish-speaking country at a time.

In other news, I've been having a mini freak-out every 5-6 minutes thinking about my impending trip. Luckily my amazing friend Tara, who did the same program two years ago, has been helping me out with all the silly questions I think of and panic over. Today I called the bank and my credit card company to inform them of my travel plans so my cards won't be rejected. Trying to figure out which electric appliances (chargers, hair stuff) I can bring that will work with European voltage. My poor mom turned the house upside down looking for the electrical adapters she KNOWS she had somewhere. She found them! I was going to go to Target today to get some last minute things but the snow (which will later turn to ice on the roads, we're told) derailed that plan. Hopefully tomorrow I can swing by and grab a couple of things. I have to seriously pack now!

Other than preparing for Spain stuff, life is pretty boring. We dropped my sister back at UNC yesterday and today was her first day of classes (they didn't get much snow in Chapel Hill). Today I watched a really sad movie called Crush which starred Andie MacDowell and a REALLY HOT BRITISH GUY who I've never seen before in anything. Spoiler alert: Hot guy dies 2/3 of the way into the movie. I'm not really sure why I kept watching after that.

Hoping for smooth travel on Wednesday!!

Un beso,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment